Office of the Registrar
You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the final day to drop or withdraw from all classes and receive a 100 percent refund?
- The final day is the Friday before classes begin for each summer session and the first Friday of classes for fall and spring. The last day to pay for classes without a late fee is always the Friday before classes begin.
- How do I get a prerequisites/corequisites/full class waiver?
- Permission can be obtained by contacting the department or advising center offering the course. Once permission has been granted, the student will be able to enroll in the MyUNLV Student Center.
- How do I change my major?
- You must go to the advising center that offers the major and pick up an “Academic Program Change” Form from that advising center.
- How do I get proof of enrollment for my insurance, a job, etc.?
- Enrollment verifications may be obtained no more than two weeks prior to the beginning of the semester that you wish to verify. You are able to retrieve enrollment verifications online via the National Student Clearinghouse.
- How do I audit a course?
- You must bring photo ID to the Enrollment Services Center (SSC-C) to have a class manually changed from credit to audit. Auditing allows you to continue attendance, but no grade or credit is awarded. Audited course cannot be changed back to credit.
- How do I withdraw from courses?
- You may withdraw from a class online within the deadline period. Once you have withdrawn from a course, you can no longer attend, grades and credit will not be awarded, and a “W” will be indicated on your transcript. Review this information.
- How do I clear a hold?
- You will not be able to register until all holds have been released. There are a variety of holds that can restrict registration, including immunizations, library, parking, advising, etc.
- How do I find distance courses?
- Online courses can be found by using the “additional criteria” function in the class search and choosing “web-based” for the mode of instruction. Clicking on the hyperlink for any course will also reveal the mode of instruction.
- How do I allow someone access to my records?
- Once you have registered for classes, you are the only one who has access to your records. If you want someone else to have access, you must complete the Authorization Form and submit it to the Enrollment Services Center.
- How do I restrict release of my student directory information?
- You have the right to request that UNLV not release directory information about you for commercial and/or noncommercial purposes (directory information includes name, address, e-mail, telephone, dates of attendance, major, etc.) Go to the MyUNLV Student Center, locate the “Personal Settings” section, click on “User Preferences” and “FERPA Restrictions.”
- How do I receive in-state tuition?
- If you have lived in Nevada for a minimum of 12 months and can provide proof of having abandoned any previous domicile, you can submit a residency application within the assigned deadlines. The application typically takes two weeks to process, and you will receive a letter notifying you of the decision. You may also contact Enrollment Services directly to check on the status.
- How do I add/drop labs or discussions?
- When adding a class that includes a lab or discussion, you should always add the lab first and then the lecture. To drop the course, the lecture should be dropped first and then the lab.
- How do I enroll after the last day to add classes?
- Late enrollment (after 100 percent drop date) can be done by submitting written permission to Enrollment Services during the second and third weeks of classes.