Supplier Inclusion Program Policy Statement
The Nevada System of Higher Education and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, recognize the benefit of creating an equal opportunity for all vendors to participate in the university’s procurement process, and the university is committed to diversity and nondiscrimination in its business operations. Accordingly, UNLV will make a good-faith effort to utilize minority business enterprises, women business enterprises, disabled business enterprises, veteran/disabled veteran business enterprises, and small business enterprises throughout the procurement process. This effort does not equate to a quota or set percentage. All efforts to contact and engage small, minority, disabled, veteran, and women vendors will be fair and impartial.
In accordance with Nevada law, no preference will be given to any business group or classification. The Supplier Inclusion Program has been created, however, to ensure that small and minority-, veteran-, disabled-, and woman-owned businesses have the unimpeded ability to compete in the bidding process and to do business with UNLV.
The Supplier Inclusion Program’s main objectives include, but are not limited to, the following:
- For goods and services that require a formal solicitation, recognition will be given to the vendor business classification as specified by the submitter on the Bid Response Form.
- Proposers will be encouraged to submit a plan identifying primary and second-tier suppliers that are small or minority-, disabled-, veteran-, or woman-owned business concerns to be used for the commodity or service being bid.
- When subcontractors are utilized, primary vendors will be encouraged to demonstrate in their bid proposal that they attempted to obtain bids from small or minority-, disabled-, veteran-, or woman-owned businesses where applicable.
- For purchase orders issued below the bidding threshold, the utilization of a diverse supplier base will be an objective facilitated by the purchasing staff.
- A reporting of transactions will be performed to monitor the success of our efforts to partner with a diverse base of suppliers.