Fast Track Contract
A Fast Track Contract is meant to make the contracting process faster for the departments. This process is significantly quicker for both the supplier and the department. Please note that some contracts will require additional insurance and/or clauses, or may require UNLV signatures and may not be eligible for a Fast Track Contract. Even if a contract is not eligible, the contract process will go significantly faster if a supplier is willing to agree to UNLV’s terms and conditions. If you have any questions about the Fast Track Contract process, contact your department’s Purchasing Representative.
If a department chooses to work with a particular supplier that is eligible for a Fast Track Contract, the supplier should provide the department with a signed Proposal Cover Page in which supplier agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in the Fast Track Contract with their Proposal attached, and a certificate of insurance in the amount and types required by the Fast Track Contract. If the amount of the Proposal is $25,000 or more, but less than $50,000, the department must also provide Purchasing with two (2) informal quotes for goods or two (2) informal proposals for services (or requests for qualifications, as applicable) that the department received and a statement as to why the successful supplier was selected. The successful supplier must register as a UNLV supplier to do business with UNLV. No changes may be made to the online Fast Track Contract terms to be eligible.
The department should submit the above Proposal Cover Page, Proposal, and certificate of insurance to Purchasing with a department’s requisition that identifies it as a “Potential Fast Track Contract.” If the contract is eligible, no UNLV signatures will be required, no further negotiation will be needed, and the supplier will be notified of acceptance of the Proposal by receipt of a UNLV Purchase Order.
Certain proposals for services and goods under $50,000 may be eligible to use UNLV’s Fast Track Contract. Proposals that are likely eligible for a Fast Track Contract must:
- Be under $50,000 for the life of the contract, including the entire term of the contract and all likely expenses (if the contract is for $15,000, but there are $45,000 in potential expenses, it is not eligible);
- Be for a term of one year or less with no automatic renewal; and,
- Include the required insurance. Note, certain proposals that require additional insurance, such as coach or livery services may still be eligible, but may require an additional insurance addendum.
The Purchasing Representative assigned to your requisition will contact you to let you know if the Proposal is or is not eligible for a Fast Track Contract. Locate your department’s Purchasing Representative.
Proposals That Are Not Eligible
- Proposals for construction services or design professionals
- Proposals for legal services
- Proposals for services and/or goods that, inclusive of all expenses, are $50,000 or more
- Proposals for a contract term for more than one year, or that auto-renew
- Proposals that reference their own online terms and conditions
- Proposals that have any legal terms and conditions, other than the date of services, scope of services, and pricing
- Proposals that necessitate a more complex contract
- Proposals for rental of UNLV facilities
- Services or goods that based on the dollar amount or type require a formal competitive solicitation. See UNLV’s Competitive Threshold Requirements.