Promotion & Tenure
Promotion and tenure are important milestones in a faculty member's career. Both are designed to build a faculty committed to excellence for the University while rewarding faculty for their teaching, creative, research/scholarly, and service contributions to the University and their respective field. Promotion and tenure is a rigorous process involving multiple layers of review and begins with the hiring process.
2016-2017 Promotion & Tenure Cycle
The materials for the 2016-2017 promotion & tenure cycle are currently being revised.
Promotion & Tenure Governing Documents
- Board of Regents Handbook, specifically:
- UNLV Bylaws, specifically:
- Chapter 1, Section 4: "Tenure"
- Chapter 3, Section 9: "Faculty Personnel Files"
- Chapter 3, Section 16: "Guidelines for Promotion or Appointment to Academic Rank"
- UNLV Policy on Early Tenure
Use of Adobe Signatures
Questions regarding Promotion & Tenure can be directed to: