Adobe Digital ID/Signature
As more university forms are converted to Adobe PDFs you may experience different issues until you become accustomed to the new format. The following tips are created to help you through the common issues that are encountered. If you do not find a solution to your issue below, please complete the Report a Problem section below. Your issue will then be submitted to Wonda Riner, faculty support coordinator. She will review your issue and respond accordingly.
Creating a Digital ID
- Click Signature field in the file
- A window will pop-up; select the radio button to select “A new digital ID I want to create now.”
- In the next window that appears, select the option “New PKCS#12 digital ID file.”
- Next, you will be prompted to enter your Name, Organizational Unit (Enter your Unit), Organization Name (Enter UNLV), and Email Address. Please leave all other items set at their default settings.
- Finally, you will be asked where you would like to store your new digital ID. Once you have chosen your location (the default location is recommended), enter a password and confirm this password. This password will be needed to use this digital ID now and in the future.
- After entering your password, click finish
After you click Finish you will be asked to enter your password before you can sign. Again, make sure your application is complete before you click Sign.
But I get a message that "Passwords Do Not Match" and I do not see the "Confirm Password Box"
If you do not see a second “Confirm Password” box enter your Password the first time, hit the tab key and enter the password again (you will not see it being typed). Then click the finish button. This is a known issue but a fix has not been released yet.
Using an Existing Digital ID
- Click on the signature field
- A new window will open and if a Digital ID exists on the computer the last used ID will be the default. If this is not the correct Digital ID you can use the drop down to select a different ID or create a new ID.
- Enter the previously created password and click Sign
- You will be prompted to Save after signing the document.
But I forgot my password
If you have forgotten your password, use the drop down to select the New ID option.
Proceed through the process of creating a Digital ID. After entering your password and confirming your password you will receive a message:
Select OK and you will have reset the password by creating a new account with the same name.
Many of the files using signatures allow for multiple signatures. It is important to note that when more than one signature is applied the following warning message is expected and normal.
Signatures can still be added to the document and saved.
File Does Not Load in Browser
- Open the Settings menu
- Select Internet Options
- Go to the Programs tab
- Click on the Manage add-ons button
- Under Add-on Types use the drop down menu to Show: All add-ons
- Then under the heading Adobe Systems, Incorporated, change all Adobe PDF options to Disabled.
This will force the file to open in the native Adobe Reader program.
- Open the Tools menu
- Select Options
- Click on the Applications icon
- Select if you would like to Use Adobe Acrobat (in Firefox) or Use Adobe Acrobat (default)
This will allow you to select if you would like to use Adobe Acrobat through the browser or in the native program.
- Enter the following in the URL bar, chrome://plugins/
- Ensure Adobe Reader is enabled (this is a toggle)
- Disable Chrome PDF Viewer
How do I Remove my Signature?
ONLY the person who has the signature loaded can remove the signature. Open the file and right click on the signature. Select the option to “Clear Signature”.
Submit a Different Issue