The Office of Faculty Affairs at UNLV is dedicated to supporting our faculty at every stage of their academic careers. As part of the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost, we offer resources and services to facilitate faculty excellence in the areas of teaching, research, and service.
Under the leadership of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, the office performs a variety of programmatic and administrative functions. Programs organized through our office include:
- Instructional development
- Early-career mentoring
- Leadership development
- And other professional development initiatives
Our unit also collaborates with academic departments, schools, colleges, and other administrative offices on campus to advance faculty diversity.
The office serves in an advisory capacity on all faculty matters, providing guidance and oversight as needed. Administrative duties include:
- Managing faculty policies and procedures
- Overseeing faculty searches and hiring
- Coordinating faculty evaluations and other reviews
- Organizing faculty promotion and tenure processes
- Directing faculty awards and recognition
- Conducting conflict-of-interest and other regulatory reporting
- Welcoming and orienting new faculty
- Handling official faculty communication
The office is also charged with conducting research on faculty outcomes and maintaining faculty records.
Whether you are considering joining the UNLV faculty, are new to the university, or have been here for many years, it is our goal to ensure that you are aware of all the opportunities this campus has to offer and have access to resources to succeed as a faculty member of this institution. We encourage you to take some time to navigate the wealth of information available on this website, bookmark the site, and visit often for updates.
Please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns that you may have. We look forward to working with you.