Plant Physiology, Plant Water Relations, Biophysical & Mathematical Approaches to Water Transport
Ph.D. University of Washington, Seattle
- Schulte PJ. 2012. Computational fluid dynamics models of conifer bordered pits show how pit structure affects flow. New Phytologist 193:721-729.
- Schulte PJ. 2012. Vertical and radial profiles in tracheid characteristics along the trunk of Douglas-fir trees with implications for water transport. Trees 26:421-433.
- Schulte PJ and DG Costa. 2010. Xylem anisotropy and water transport - a model for the double sawcut experiment. Tree Physiology 30:901-913.
- Schulte PJ. 2006. Water flow through junctions in Douglas-fir roots. Plant. Cell and Environment 29:70-76.
- Schulte PJ and JR Brooks. 2003. Branch junctions and the flow of water through xylem in Douglas-fir and ponderosa pine stems. Journal of Experimental Botany54:1597-1605.
- Becker P, RJ Gribben and PJ Schulte. 2003. Incorporation of transfer resistance between tracheary elements into hydraulic resistance models with tapered conduits.Tree Physiology 23:1009-1019.
- Schulte PJ and DG Costa. 1996. A mathematical description of water flow through plant tissues. Journal of Theoretical Biology 180:61-70.
- Schulte PJ and AL Castle, Jr. 1993. Water flow through vessel perforation plates – a fluid mechanical approach. Journal of Experimental Botany 44:1135-1142.