Andrea Fontana, Ph.D.
Andrea Fontana has published articles and books on aging, death and dying, leisure, theory, and postmodernism. He is a former president of the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction and a former editor of the journal Symbolic Interaction. Among Fontana's last postmodern published essays are a deconstruction of the work of the painter Hieronymus Bosch, a performance/play about Farinelli, the castrato, an ethnographic narrative about land speed records at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and a performance based on HBO's Six Feet Under.
Recent Courses Taught
- SOC 484 — Sociology of Death and Dying
- SOC 763 — Graduate Seminar in Symbolic Interaction
- SOC 705 — Graduate Seminar in Qualitative Methods
- SOC — Graduate Seminar on Writing Sociology
- Death and Dying in America