Zipcar, a car-sharing service that offers on-demand cars by the hour or day, is now being offered at UNLV to students, staff, and faculty.
How It Works
- Purchase a membership. Zipcar runs a thorough driving record check upon applying.
- Once approved, you will receive your Zipcard in less than a week and can reserve a car online or on your phone for as short as an hour or as long as seven days.
- Let yourself into the car with your Zipcard; the keys are already in the car.
- Drive away. Return the Zipcar to the same reserved parking spot at the end of your reservation. Gas, insurance, maintenance, and 180 miles/day are included in every reservation.
Have questions? View more information about Zipcar »
To be eligible, students, faculty, and staff under 21 must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver's license and have been licensed for at least one year (domestic and international)
- Have no more than one moving violation
- Have had NO alcohol-related violations
For everyone else you must:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver's license and have been licensed for at least one year
- Have had no more than two "incidents" (moving violations plus accidents) in the past three years and no more than one incident in the past 18 months
- Have had NO major violations in the past three years
- Have had NO alcohol related violations in the past seven years
|Annual Membership Fee||Cost Per Use|
|UNLV Students, Faculty, and Staff||First year: $25*
Subsequent years: $35/year
|Starting at $7.50/hr
*includes a $35 driving credit to use during the first month of membership
**additional one-time background check fee of $25
Zipcar will provide two vehicles for campus. All Zipcars arrive new and outfitted with wireless technology that allows members to access the vehicles. They'll also arrive branded, with a Zipcar co-pilot, and outfitted with toll passes and snow shovels where needed.