Freshmen and Transfer Students
UNLV’s New Student Orientation for undergraduates beginning in the fall or spring semester is a one-day program that provides information and academic preparedness for you as you start your transition into the UNLV community. The program is mandatory for all first-year UNLV students.
To register, log in to MyUNLV.
- Check-in: 8-9 a.m.
- Program: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
At New Student Orientation you will:
- Receive your class schedule (first-year fall semester students only).
- Receive academic advising (first-year fall semester students only).
- Get information about your major, college academics, and college life as a UNLV Rebel.
- Attend a group tour of campus.
- Connect with a variety of campus departments and student organizations.
- Meet new and current Rebels for a day filled with fun, new friends, prizes, and helpful information.
Advising and Registration
As a UNLV student, scheduling an appointment with an academic advisor is required for new students beginning in the fall or spring semester. Establishing a relationship with an academic advisor ensures that you are meeting your specific degree requirements and accomplishing your personal academic goals.
Fall Semester: First-Year Students
First-year students beginning in the fall semester will meet with academic advisors from their college who will assist students in registration. You will register for classes and learn how to navigate through the MyUNLV registration system. Parents are not permitted to attend advising and class registration sessions with their students.
Fall Semester: Transfer Students
Fall semester transfer students need to make their own appointment with advising and register for classes. We recommend that you register for classes prior to your orientation session. Visit the Academic Advising site to schedule an appointment.
Spring Semester: First-Year and Transfer Students
Students beginning in the spring semester must register for classes on their own and on a day other than when they are scheduled to attend New Student Orientation session. Students will need to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor from their college before enrolling in classes. Visit the Academic Advising site to schedule an appointment.