Student Nurses Association
The Student Nurses Association is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing leadership opportunities, broadening knowledge, exercising community involvement and advocating for and contributing to advances in nursing education.
All nursing students are eligible for membership within this association and are urged to join.
Students in the School of Nursing formulated the Student Nurses Association in 1972. This association has established bylaws that closely follow the bylaws of the National Student Nurses Association. It is primarily through the association that students participate on faculty committees.
The goals of the association are to:
- Provide service to the Las Vegas area
- Support students through the mental rigors of nursing school
- Advocate a strong sense of community through all levels of nursing
Advantages of membership include:
- Receive the latest information on what's happening in the Nursing School.
- Be eligible to be a student representative on faculty committees.
- Have a voice in the changes happening at UNLV.
- There is a direct link between NSNA and the student nurse.
- Develop a network of professional nurses and fellow students.
- Make new friends.
- Receive graduation ceremony recognition.
- Be eligible to win raffle prizes and door prizes.
- Receive assistance with transportation fees to NSNA conventions.
- Participate in group social activities (summer picnic, holiday party).
- Receive support from fellow students.
To join contact the faculty advisor or call the Student Nursing Association directly.
Or visit us on Facebook.