Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate
Admission Application Information
- Admission applications are due no later than Feb. 1 for fall admission.
- Students are admitted to the program in the fall semester of each year on based on competitive selection. Selection is based on the applicant’s qualifications (academic and professional,) the applicant’s strengths, and the number of available openings.
- Each applicant will be evaluated to determine the courses required in order to complete the Post-Master’s Nursing Education Certificate Program. Additional courses beyond the minimum courses needed for the certificate program may be required if the applicant’s earned MSN lacks courses required by the School of Nursing.
- Graduate courses offered by the School of Nursing are web-based. To further connect you to our campus, professors and peers, you are invited to an orientation held during the first fall semester of program matriculation.
- Students are expected to possess basic computer skills, including word processing.
Students must apply and submit all admission requirements via the Apply Yourself system available through the graduate college. Items 1-6 below will need to be submitted electronically to your Apply Yourself application. If admitted to the MSN program, you must submit the items listed below 7 directly to the School of Nursing.
- Submit official transcripts for all previous colleges, professional schools and masters degrees must be sent to the School of Nursing and Graduate College. (If unofficial transcripts are available to the student, please upload these to the Apply Yourself application. Nursing course work must have been completed at a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or Commission on Collegiate Nursing education.
- Two letters of recommendation from either instructors or employers that speak to the applicant’s potential to complete the program
- Statement of 300 words describing the students’ professional goals and reason for seeking a nursing education certificate.
- Current resume or vita
- Current valid RN license in state of residence.
- Photo of self
- Current evidence of the following:
- Health insurance
- Nurse practitioner student malpractice insurance
- Immunization record of vaccinations against Hepatitis B, Varicella, MMR, Tetanus Diphtheria or Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis booster (TD/Tdap) and a 2 step TB screen
- CPR certification
- Health and physical clearance completed by a licensed healthcare provider
- A drug screen and background check (completed after admission of the program)