Research opportunities available to School of Nursing students and faculty allow them to make inquiries and observations necessary for discoveries that advance the field of health and health education.
The changing climate of health care in America is making nursing research more important than ever. Nurses, uniquely positioned on the front lines of care both in the hospital and the community, are in an excellent position to identify problems and test theories.
These discoveries are helping to preserve and promote the health and wellness of Nevadans and the future of nursing education, with an enhanced focus on health issues associated with an urban environment and sustainability.
Our research programs offer exceptional opportunities to our graduate and undergraduate students. Through research, our students are provided the resources needed to obtain an education in a friendly and interdisciplinary environment, which prepares them for a professional and productive life.
The School of Nursing receives competitive grant funding from government and private agencies.
Research areas of School of Nursing Faculty include:
- Exercise and health promotion
- Health of Filipinos through dancing
- Advances in Nursing Education
- Nursing Education using Simulation Technology
- Caregiver depression
- Horizontal violence in the workplace
- Obesity and weight loss
- Leukocyte response to exercise-related skeletal muscle injury
- Cultural competence in nursing
- Foreign RN’s education
- Physiological stress reaction, stress reduction
- Women’s health
- Occupational health/injury