Media are a valued partner in UNLV’s effort to connect its academic programs, research and community engagement activities with audiences in Southern Nevada and beyond. The Office of Media Relations strives to promote an effective working relationship with both print and electronic media, and, as such, has developed guidelines in partnership with the Office of Parking & Transportation Services for media parking on campus.
- Media vehicles clearly marked with station identification/affiliation are permitted to park in “student,”“staff,” “vendor” or metered spaces, without a UNLV-issued parking pass, provided they are engaged in story gathering or reporting on the UNLV campus.
- Regulations that govern parking for the disabled and for fire zones must be obeyed.
- Complete parking rules are available on the parking web page
- Media engaged in story gathering or reporting on the UNLV campus must display a valid temporary or UNLV-issued media parking pass. Contact the Office of Media Relations at 702-895-3102 for more information.
Note: Special accommodations for live campus remotes from the academic mall or interior areas of campus can be arranged by calling the Office of Media Relations.
Additional Parking Notes
- Special Media Parking
When the Office of Media Relations schedules a news conference, campus event, or expects heavy media traffic on campus, we will notify parking enforcement dispatch and include parking information in a media advisory.
The media parking guidelines and procedures listed above govern working media covering general university stories. For information on media parking for UNLV Athletics, contact UNLV Athletics Media Relations at 702-895-3995.
- Restricted Parking: Media and “staff” parking passes do not permit parking in “reserved” or disabled parking spaces, along fire lanes or on sidewalks.
If you’re a member of the media working on campus and receive a parking citation during your visit, please contact the Office of Media Relations.
- Campus Maps/Parking Rules
The Office of Parking & Transportation Services, in accordance with Nevada System of Higher Education Policy, monitors all parking on campus. Visit the parking web page or call 702-895-1300 for parking rules and detailed campus parking maps.