Math Tutoring Clinic Hours
Current Location: CDC 701
Current Schedule: Spring 2015
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Courses Does the Tutoring Clinic Serve?
- MATH 095 — Elementary Algebra
- MATH 096 — Intermediate Algebra
- MATH 120 — Fundamentals of College Math
- MATH 122 — Number Concepts for Elementary Teachers I
- MATH 123 — Statistical and Geometrical Concepts for Elementary Teachers
- MATH 124 — College Algebra
- MATH 126 — Precalculus I
- MATH 127 — Precalculus II
- MATH 128 — Precalculus I and II
- MATH 132 — Finite Mathematics
- MATH 181 — Calculus I
- MATH 182 — Calculus II
- Who Is Eligible to Use the Tutoring Clinic?
Students enrolled student in any of the above-mentioned courses are eligible to use the Tutoring Clinic.
- How Do I Use the Tutoring Clinic?
Show up at the location and times above. Be sure when you go that you have your course materials (book, notebook, calculator, pencil, etc.). Also, be sure to know your instructor’s name and section number. The clinic will work on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Do I Have to Make an Appointment?
The Tutor Clinic does not take appointments. Students are asked to come to the clinic and be helped by our tutors.
- How Did the Clinic Get Started?
The Tutoring Clinic was originally a UNLV Alumni Association Student Centered Award for fall 2005. It was implemented as a pilot program, and because of its popularity, it was funded by the College of Sciences for additional semesters.
- How Can I Be a Tutor?
We are always looking for quality tutors. Requirements include the following:
- Math or secondary education math majors
- Successfully completed Math 182 or higher
- Average grade of B or better in all math courses
- Enrolled in a math class during the semester of tutoring
Email Pat Pablo if you are interested.