Mission, Goals & Objectives
The Lincy Institute at UNLV conducts and supports research that focuses on improving Nevada's health, education, and social services. This research is used to build capacity for service providers and enhance efforts to draw state and federal money to the greater Las Vegas. The Lincy Institute also highlights key issues that affect public policy and quality-of-life decisions on behalf of children, seniors, and families in Nevada.
The Lincy Institute's mission is closely aligned with UNLV's strategic priorities and its existing academic, research, and service programs. The university provides the elements necessary for enhanced quality of life by addressing systematically Nevada’s most pressing issues and problems, producing a highly educated work force, and contributing to the state's research and development capabilities.
The Institute is funded with a generous contribution made possible by The Lincy Foundation.
Goals and Objectives
- Support the viability of the economic future of Nevada and the quality of life for its residents, especially in Southern Nevada.
- Create a new model for bringing together state, regional, and for-profit and non-profit agencies to address the large-scale challenges in Southern Nevada, with a particular focus on education, health, social services, and the information technology requirements within these sectors.
- Identify and attract federal, state, and private funding opportunities.
- Provide baseline and follow-up assessments of agency activities that can, in turn, highlight applications for these funds.
- Design and maintain a data repository to support research, grant acquisition and application.