International Students and Scholars

You are here

Campus Services

Eating on Campus

If you want to have a nice meal or a quick snack in between classes, there are many restaurants located throughout campus to satisfy any hunger needs. You may also purchase a meal plan to make it easier to eat on campus.

Parking on Campus

Visit Parking Services if you need to purchase a parking permit or pay for any parking citations.

Public Transportation

If you do not own your own form of transportation, you can use the public bus system to get around Las Vegas.


Once you have registered for classes, visit the RebelCard office to get your UNLV identification card. Your RebelCard can be used to check out library books, to gain access to the gym, and to use as a debit card in restaurants on and near campus.


There are a number of libraries on campus that provide books, computers, research material, and study rooms to make UNLV students successful in school.

On-Campus Computer Labs

Don’t have a computer to do your homework or keep in touch with loved ones? There are numerous computer labs available on campus.

Writing Center

Utilize the UNLV Writing Center to get an A on your projects and papers or to help create the best resume for jobs.

Get Involved

UNLV offers many opportunities for students to get involved in leadership development and co-curricular activities. The Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity (OCED) offers a wide array of services, programs, and activities that promote and encourage active involvement and participation in campus life. OCED offers activities and events specifically designed to support international students, such as International Council.


There are several banks located within walking distance of the UNLV campus. When you arrive with your passport and your I-20, you can open a U.S. checking account and order personal checks for your new account. Usually, banks will ask for two forms of identification, such as your passport, your I-20, your Social Security number, or your RebelCard. Always use common sense when traveling. Do not carry large sums of money.

Financial Aid

The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships does not offer any scholarships or loans to international students. However, scholarships may be available through your college.

CSUN, the UNLV Student Government, offers an emergency aid scholarship to aid international students in a time of national catastrophe or extreme personal struggle that may hinder them from paying for tuition or maintaining their livelihood. If this applies to you, you can fill out an application.

Student Health Center

Located in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center (SRWC), the health center provides health care information and medical care for illness and injury. There is no additional charge for office visits. Lab tests, medications, and supplies are offered at reduced costs. Payment for services outside of the center is the student’s responsibility.