Transfer to Another UNLV Department
As you prepare to transfer to another department within UNLV, there are a number of items that you need to address to ensure a smooth transition. Below are tips on how to achieve this:
- Talk to your supervisor about your intent to transfer to another department.
Once your transfer date has been set, notify your supervisor what your last day working day with your current department will be.
- Notify Human Resources
Email Hrexit@unlv.edu to notify HR your intent to transfer to another department. The e-mail needs to include the following information:
- Full Name of Employee
- Current Department and contact number
- The employee’s last day with current department
- Name of UNLV department transferring to
- Start date of new position
- Discuss your leave.
We recommend that you meet with your department leavekeeper to ensure that all leave taken and any leave you plan to take between now and your transfer date has been posted to your leave balance. Leave record will also need to be transferred to new leave keeper.
- Return department property, including office keys, marlock cards, or department credit cards.
- Discuss with new department access requests.
Your accesses you had with your formal department will be turned off once you transfer. You will need to get new accesses and approval from new department.