Faculty & Professional Staff Unpaid Leave
As you know, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) code has been amended, on an emergency basis for the 2009-2011 biennium to temporarily reduce salaries through the use of unpaid leave or (for tenured instructional faculty) an unpaid workload increase.
We have endeavored to provide you with several options for taking the unpaid leave option - including a voluntary option to take some or all of the unpaid time during FY-10 which will count against the mandatory days required in FY-11. As a participating staff member you must designate your leave selection in written form. A form developed for this purpose may be accessed below.
- Informational presentation
- Unpaid leave & workload adjustment form – for faculty and professional staff
- Unpaid leave & workload adjustment form – for tenured chairs and associate deans
- MS Excel Calculator – tenured chairs/associate deans – days of unpaid leave reduction for annual salary over the "B" base contract
- Instructions for unpaid leave & workload adjustment form
- Offer letter with 5.5.7 BoR language