Radiography Mission and Goals
In concert with the Mission and goals of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, the Radiography Program is dedicated to the education of students in preparation for entry level clinical practice. Program administration, faculty and staff provide didactic and clinical education opportunities, which adhere to recognized standards, to all eligible students. The Program is committed to graduating students who are prepared to become practicing radiography professionals.
The goals and outcomes of the Radiography Program comprise:
- Students will become clinically competent.
- Students will display proper radiologic positioning skills.
- Students will demonstrate proper exposure factor selection.
- Students will practice proper radiation safety.
- Students will provide appropriate patient care.
- Students will develop acceptable critical thinking skills.
- Students will determine the need to modify standard procedures to accommodate patient condition.
- Students will recognize emergency patient conditions and initiate appropriate treatments.
- Students will determine corrective measures that may be needed for suboptimal radiographs.
- Students will develop acceptable communication skills.
- Students will communicate effectively with patients.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate a professional appearance.
- Students will demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Students will demonstrate a professional work ethic through attendance and dependability.