Freshman Arriving in Fall
As an incoming freshman, you are required to attend New Student Orientation (NSO) before you can register for classes. NSO is mandatory for all Freshmen. When you attend NSO, you will have your first meeting with the Hotel College academic advisors.
At NSO you will:
- Receive your Class Schedule;
- Learn about College Life;
- Get to know your Graduation Requirements;
- Receive Academic Advising; and
- Explore the UNLV Campus.
Before you attend NSO
- Prepare yourself for NSO and your first semester by reviewing the following:
- Things to bring to NSO
To make the most of your NSO experience, you will need to bring the following with you:
- Your NSHE student ID number and password – This was sent to your RebelMail account (link to RebelMail) once your admissions became official. You will need this information to access your class schedule.
- A copy of your SAT/ACT test scores – So you will know which English and Math class to register for.
- Review your Program Worksheet
If you have already completed college level courses (example: A.P. credit or concurrent enrollment in high school), you need to submit an official transcript to the Admissions Office, if you haven’t already. We will evaluate those courses and place them on your official degree worksheet and send it to you separately, along with a copy of our transfer policy.
In the meantime, we recommend that you review your program to see what classes you will need to take in order to graduate.
- Register for New Student Orientation (NSO)
Professional Golf Management (PGM) Students
Contact the PGM office for pre-NSO advising
Questions or Problems
If you have questions about any of the information provided here, please contact the OSA for assistance.