C. David Shepherd
Mr. Shepherd is Chief Executive Officer with Readiness Resource Group (RRG), a veteran-owned small business founded in 2007 and based in Las Vegas, NV. RRG supports national preparedness, enterprise resilience and infrastructure crisis and risk programs.
Shepherd served in the United States Marine Corps and worked for 24 years with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in various supervisory roles including 22 years of experience in SWAT operations as Team Leader and Coordinator.
For over seven years Shepherd served as Executive Director of Security for The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino – the fourth largest hotel in the world that includes seven million square feet of space in suites, a shopping mall, nightclubs, restaurants, theaters, convention space, and a casino.
Shepherd has supported the national initiative on Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) in regional fusion centers. In addition he has lead curriculum development and technical assistance in the Fusion Liaison Office (FLO) and Terrorism Liaison Officer (TLO) program which emphasize the eighteen Critical Infrastructure Key Resource private sector partners.
He served on the American Society of Industrial Security (ASIS) Gaming & Wagering National Council; the DHS Commercial Facilities Sector Coordinating Council (CFSCC) as Co-Chairman, Gaming Resorts Sub-council; and on the White House Partnership for Critical Infrastructure (PCIS). He earned a B.S. in Marketing from the University of Utah, and an M.B.A. in Management and Masters of Public Administration in Criminal Justice from Golden Gate University.
- American Board for Certification in Homeland Security (CHS-III)
- Department of Homeland Security Certifications (DHS)
- Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII)
- Surveillance Detection Training for Commercial Facilities
- IED Awareness/Bomb Threat
- Protective Measures Course
- Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program (BMAP)
- Private Sector Counter-Terrorism Awareness Workshop
- Active Shooter Seminar
- Multiple Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation certifications