First Year Student Applications
Students interested in admission to the Honors College must first apply to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and then to the Honors College. There is no application deadline for the Honors College; however, we highly recommend applying before February 1st to receive priority consideration for Honors College admission and Honors College scholarships.
While your application to the Honors College also serves as your application for Honors College scholarships, students are highly encouraged to complete the FAFSA as it is a requirement to be considered for a number of the Honors College scholarships.
- 3.7 High School GPA (unweighted)
- 1260 SAT (math and critical reading)
- 28 ACT
We are pleased to offer immediate admission to all National Merit Scholars and Valedictorians. In lieu of an application, please complete and return this admission form to the Honors College.
- Application Form
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- ACT and/or SAT test scores (unofficial accepted)
- Address your Academic Honors, Extracurricular Activities, Community Activities and Educational Travel
- Essay (no longer than 500 words)
- Write an essay describing a person or event that had a significant impact in defining your scholarly, professional and personal goals. Your essay should also describe what part the Honors College plays in achieving these goals
While most successful students meet or exceed one or several of the above eligibility values, each application is individually reviewed and a GPA or test score at or above the average is not a guarantee of admission, nor will a GPA or test score below the average necessarily preclude a student from receiving an offer of admission. The Honors College admissions committee considers your entire application packet and at times, may request in–person interviews.
For additional information or questions, please contact us.