Space is limited. Registration is only available through your RebelMail account. Read the full descriptions of the Fall 2016 Workshops for more information.
Dental School GPSA Funding Workshop
Law School GPSA Funding Workshop
Developing an Effective Online Profile, Starting with Linkedin
Graduate Successes: Tips and Experiences for Obtaining External Funding
Balancing Wellness and Academics: Effective Time Management
Advising and Mentoring Graduate Students
Teaching and Research Statements
Designing Effective Research Assignments
GPSA Campus-wide “How to get Funding” Workshop
Applying to Academic Jobs: Application Letters, Resumes, and the Job Market
Title IX Training
What Can You Do With That?: Translating a UNLV Graduate/Professional Degree to Employment Success in Las Vegas
Other Professional Development Opportunities
- The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) offers workshops. OSP serves as the principal point of contact for individuals seeking and/or managing external funding for research, scholarship, and creative activities. Workshops TBA. Visit here for more information. Register by contacting [email protected].
- UNLV Libraries offers instruction – information sessions are provided for instructors that are designed to help students develop their abilities to identify, access, evaluate and make effective use of information in its various formats. You will need to complete an online request. Please submit the form at least one week prior to when the informational session is requested or call 702-895-2114 (on campus dialing: 52114) to schedule a class session. Classroom availability is on a first-come first-serve basis.
- UNLV Libraries workshops – A wide variety of Library workshops are offered to UNLV graduate and professional students. All sessions are free. For a complete listing of available workshops and registration please visit the library website.
- Writing Center – The Writing Center can help you with any writing assignment, at any stage of the writing process. They can help you in person, or you can send your paper using the simple form on our Online Writing Lab (OWL) page. Grad assistants and adjunct instructors: the UNLV Writing Center will send a consultant to your class to talk about the services the Writing Center can offer your students. Call 702-895-3908 to schedule a presentation.
- Career Services – The mission of Student Career Services is to educate, prepare and assist students as they pursue the career development and job search process in a global and dynamic world of work.
- Interfolio – Since 1999, Interfolio has been the best way to collect, manage, and showcase academic and professional credentials for post-graduate education, teaching positions in higher education, and other opportunities. Interfolio offers individuals one central place to store their most important documents, while also providing the means to distribute these materials to thousands of institutions across the county. Interfolio's services offer a revolutionary way for people to market themselves professionally.
- Instructional Development and Research Events are open to all UNLV Grad Rebels. If you're interested, please check out Instructional Development and Research Calendar of Events.