Registering a Student Organization
Existing Registered Student Organization Registration
Follow these steps to get your student organization registered for the 2013-2014 academic year!
Step 1: Update Your Online Profile
- Visit the Involvement Center accessible through MyUNLV
- Search for the organization you want to register
- Select the “Register This Organization” button located below your organization’s name
- Complete the online registration and press submit.
Step 2: Complete the Online Training
The online training is a new requirement for Registered Student Organizations in order to get registered. The training will provide valuable information every organization needs to know in order to be a viable organization at UNLV. The training will be available at the end of online registration, the Involvement Center and the Get Involved website. This training must be complete by the registration deadline in order for your organization to be considered active.
Step 3: Communicate with Your Advisor
Once you have completed your online registration, your full-time faculty or staff advisor will be notified to complete their portion of registration. Advisors will be required to complete:
- The Advisor Agreement
- The Volunteer Advisor Form
- A brief online video training
Your advisor must complete these three steps by the registration deadline in order to activate your organization. Make sure you communicate early and often with your advisor so they know what to expect.
Step 4: Attend the RSO Annual Meeting
This is the final step to activating your organization. This meeting will cover important information you need to operate for the year. It is also an opportunity to network with other organizations and meet the UNLV staff that are here to support you. A representative from your organization must attend one of the three offered meetings (see calendar).
Requirements: There are set requirements all student organizations must meet to register
- A minimum of 5 UNLV enrolled student members
- A Full-time faculty or staff advisor
- A statement or mission of purpose
- Agree to the terms and conditions of UNLV provided in the organization agreement in the registration.
Want more info? Check out the RSO and RSO Advisor Handbooks for detailed information about UNLV requirements and expectations of Registered Student Organizations.
Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity, 702-895-5631, firstname.lastname@example.org