The Involvement Fair is an opportunity for UNLV students to learn about the over 250 Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) on campus as well as community organizations in the Las Vegas area. The Involvement Fair is also an opportunity to RSOs to meet new students, collaborate with other student organizations, and network with partners in the community.
The Involvement Fair happens at the beginning of fall and spring semester on the first floor of the Student Union. Every RSO is invited to participate and all UNLV students are encouraged to visit the event.
The Spring 2015 Involvement Fair is January 28, from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on the first floor of the Student Union and Pida Plaza. Existing and prospective student organizations, university departments, and non-profit community organizations are welcome to participate. Similar to previous Involvement Fairs, table sections will be preassigned based upon the order by which organizations register. The earlier the organization registers, the higher likelihood they will receive a table in a section they prefer. At the time of check-in, on the day of the fair, organizations will choose their table in the section they registered for.
This year, we will also be allowing student organizations a priority registration period. University departments and non-profit organizations are also welcome to participate. Below are the registration dates for the Involvement Fair.
- Student Organizations (existing or new): January 1 - January 26
- University departments and non-profit community organizations: January 15 - January 26
The Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity (OCED) understands that weather is unpredictable this time of year. Unfortunately, there is not enough indoor space in which to fit the scope of the Involvement Fair. If you want to guarantee a space inside, please sign up soon (see below for instructions).
How to register a table at the Involvement Fair
- Select ONE PERSON from your organization to register your table (this will be your organization's Primary Contact for the Involvement Fair information).
- Visit our UNLV Involvement Center - Involvement Fair event page: https://unlv.collegiatelink.net/organization/OCED/calendar/details/517994
Things to keep in mind when signing up for a section at the Involvement Fair
- Do any of your organization members require special accommodations to attend (ie. access, sensitivity to heat, etc.)? -Accommodations can be made by request at least 72 hrs prior to event.
- Do you have any large items that require extra space (ie. Greek letters, canopy tent, displays larger than a 6' table, etc.)? -Pida Plaza will typically have more options for large items
- Do you require any electrical outlets? -Indoor space will typically have more options for electrical needs.
- The Spring 2015 Involvement Fair has three marketing zones. Selecting your zone on the registration identifies your area, not your specific table.
Please note that tables are assigned on a first come, first serve basis at the time of check-in, on the day of the Involvement Fair, within the selected zone of the Involvement Fair. We cannot guarantee all organizations their preferred location.
Check-in on the day-of the Involvement Fair (what to expect):
- You may check-in for your organization/department between 9:30 am and 10:30 am
- Check-in table will be located in the Student Union, 1st floor, under the stairs (eating bar across from Starbucks).
- Check-in with your affiliated organization, and the OCED staff member will assign you a table space.
- Table space is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- When check-in ends at 10:30 am, any organizations/departments that have not checked-in will have their table space forfeited for the day.
- If you are unsatisfied with your table location, your organization may return to the check-in table at 10:30 am to see if there are any available spaces that have been forfeited, which we may reassign to your group.
*Only one table per organization/department is allowed.
**Check-in is required for a table assignment
- Every group will be supplied one table and two chairs (no linens)
- What to bring (optional, but recommended):
- Water bottle to stay hydrated. Water-filling stations will be available during the event.
- A table cloth or banner with the department’s name that can be draped over the table.
- A sign-up sheet to collect contact information for potential new members.
- A flyer of information about the organization that you can pass out.
- Visuals highlighting events or activities the organization participates in (this can be a great conversation starter).
- A canopy tent if you are in the Pida Plaza (uncovered-outdoor) space. No canopy tents are allowed under the outdoor balcony of the Student Union.
- What not to bring:
- Food that is not pre-packaged or individually wrapped. Please to do not bring any homemade items or items which are served in bulk (ex: a family size bag of chips). Items must be individually wrapped and pre-packaged (ex: snack size bags of chips that can be given out individually).
- Music. The fair will have a sound system that will be playing music. Tables are close together and the event can get loud. Please do not bring your own sound system to the event.
- All of your members. For most groups, one table and two chairs is not enough space to accommodate all members. It is recommended to set up shifts for your members to work the event. This also is less intimidating to students who might be nervous about approaching your table.
- Event clean-up:
- The event will end at 3:00 pm.
- All items must be cleared from your table by 3:30 pm.
- Please leave all tables and chairs in the same location as they were when you arrived.
- Please clear the surrounding area of any trash left by your organization.
Involvement Fair Guidelines
Notice: We were given special permission to use this space for this event. Normally the first floor of the Union is not available to be reserved. Future Involvement Fairs in this prime location depend on our ability to follow these guidelines.
- All organizations must check-in at the registration table before picking a table.
- At the end of each day, please leave your table and chairs in the same location as they were when you arrived.
- Organizations must staff their tables at all times.
- Organizations must contain their display to their assigned space (one table and two chairs) unless special arrangements have been made. A ten foot perimeter surrounding all doors must be kept clear for emergency access. No banners or signs may be hung from trees/building and may not block any pathways.
- No organization may sell products, recruit for job openings, or promote a business with discounts or special sales information. This event is organized to promote student involvement on campus and in our community. If an organization fails to abide by this guideline their organization will be asked to leave the fair immediately.
- All organizations must comply with the “Harassment Free Zone” procedures. Please do not approach students that are sitting and using the space or facilities. Please limit your attention to students that are participating in the fair (i.e. walking around looking at booths and walking up to booths).
- All organizations must limit the use of sound equipment to a minimal level. Please remember that classes will be in session during the times of the Involvement Fair. You may be approached by a staff member and required to eliminate the sound, if the noise level from your booth is too loud.
- If you have questions or concerns throughout the day, please communicate with the staff member at the check-in table.