Nevada Regents Service Program
The Nevada Regents Service Program is a state-funded program that provides paid internships and employment placements. These placements must emphasize service and applied learning opportunities for students who make a contribution to the state of Nevada, the surrounding communities, or the university. The state of Nevada pays for 100 percent of a student's salary. Priority consideration is provided to students who complete their FAFSA application by Feb. 1.
- Undergraduate enrollment requirement of six credits per semester
- Undergraduate, GPA requirement of 2.0
- Graduate enrollment requirement of five credits per semester
- Graduate cumulative GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must be admitted into a degree-seeking program
- Be notified of your Federal Work Study eligibility by the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
- Preference given to Nevada residents
- Preference given to students with exceptional need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Activate your financial aid awards online within 45 days
- Enroll in classes at least half time to be eligible for your NSHE Regents Service Program position
Understand that changes to your enrollment, state residency, housing (on-campus, off-campus, commuter), satisfactory academic progress standing, and other aid that you may be receiving may impact your eligibility for specific types of assistance and may impact when your assistance becomes available for payment of your tuition, fees, and other university-related expenses.
- Visit the Career Services page to view and select a job.
- Contact the employer directly to apply.
- Interview for the position and be hired by the employer.
Your employer will help you complete all necessary payroll forms before you begin working and will notify the Work Study Unit of your employment.
The amount you earn cannot exceed your total work study award for the school year. UNLV limits the amount a student can work no more than 20 hours a week from all UNLV employment opportunities.
Federal Work Study wages are taxable by the Internal Revenue Service for federal income tax purposes. Once you are hired into a Federal Work Study job and have completed all needed payroll paperwork, you will:
- Keep a record of the hours you have worked.
- Submit your timesheet to your employing department once every two weeks.
- Receive a payroll check for the hours you reported.
- Earn anywhere from $8.25 per hour to $12.75 per hour.
Your Earnings Will Not
- Be available to help pay your tuition and fees at the start of each semester.
- Be counted against you in determining your financial aid eligibility on next year's FAFSA. When completing your FAFSA for the next upcoming school year, you can exclude your FWS earnings on the appropriate FAFSA line. Your FWS earnings can be excluded from your earned FAFSA income.
Regents Service Program
Regents Service Program is a state funded program that provides paid student internships emphasizing service and applied learning opportunities. These opportunities make a contribution to the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), the State of Nevada or the surrounding community.
For more information regarding the Regents Service Program please contact the Work Study Program Unit by phone at 702- 895-3939 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.