The scholarship award criteria for this program are under review. Once updates are known, information will be posted on this page. Please check back regularly for any updates.
Automatic consideration if the requirements are met. Priority consideration is provided to students based upon January 1 (date of admission) and February 1 (completed FAFSA) until scholarship program funds expire.
The Valedictorian Scholarship is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited to first come, first served. Not all students will be offered funds.
The scholarship award values for this program are under review. Once updates are known, information will be posted on this page. Please check back regularly for any updates.
- Limited funds are available with a valid FAFSA: Award priority is provided to previous award recipients who completed the FAFSA by Feb. 1 who have met the award parameters.
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA each semester.
- Must enroll and complete 15 credit hours each semester.
- Must be meeting the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.
- May receive up to 130 credit hours or eight semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment during fall and spring semesters.
- Graduate and professional students are not eligible for this program.
- Transfer students are not eligible for this program.
- International students are not eligible for this program.
- A student who is offered this scholarship during a fall semester, elects to not attend UNLV, but now wants to start attending spring semester forfeits this scholarship.
- Students who drop below 15 credit hours during the first week of classes forfeit their award for the semester and are immediately placed on scholarship probation for the next continuous term of enrollment. If a student was previously on scholarship probation, this scholarship is then forfeited.
- Students who do not meet the minimum academic requirements at the end of the semester are placed on scholarship probation and notified of their status via MyUNLV. Students may receive this scholarship for one more semester of concurrent enrollment. If the minimum academic requirements are not met again, the scholarship is forfeited. There is no appeal process. The prior scholarship probation has acted as an appeal process for students to correct their academic performance.
- Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (double, triple major) will likely run out of scholarship eligibility before college graduation. This scholarship program is designed to achieve only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility.
- This scholarship is not available during summer semester.
UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this scholarship program at any time. In the unlikely event this scholarship program would be discontinued, students currently receiving a Valedictorian Scholarship would be funded through the remaining academic year.