Top 10% Incentive Scholarship
Students must have:
- been previously awarded a Provost, Rebel Achievement or UNLV Excellence scholarship
- a final official high school transcript indicating a class rank in the top 10% of their high school class must be received by July 1 of the award year.
- your self-reported class rank from your UNLV admissions application will not be used
Automatic consideration if the requirements are met. Priority consideration is provided to students based upon date of admission and until scholarship program funds expire. The Top 10% Incentive Scholarship is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited to first come, first served.
- The scholarship value is $1,000 or $500 fall semester and $500 spring semester
- Must be a new freshman student starting attendance during a fall semester
- Must have never attended another college
- Must maintain your Provost, Rebel Achievement or UNLV Excellence scholarship eligibility. If you lose your Provost, Rebel Achievement or UNLV Excellence scholarship eligibility, you will forfeit the Top 10% Incentive Scholarship
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA each semester
- Must enroll and complete 12 credit hours each semester
- Must be meeting the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy
- May receive up to 130 credit hours or eight semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment during fall and spring semesters
- Graduate and professional students are not eligible for this program
- Transfer students are not eligible for this program
- International students are not eligible for this program
- A student who is offered this scholarship during a fall semester, elects to not attend UNLV, but now wants to start attending spring semester forfeits this scholarship
- Students who drop below 12 credit hours during the first week of classes forfeit their award for the semester and are immediately placed on scholarship probation for the next continuous term of enrollment. If a student was previously on scholarship probation, this scholarship is then forfeited
- Students who do not meet the minimum academic requirements at the end of the semester are placed on scholarship probation and notified of their status via MyUNLV. Students may receive this scholarship for one more semester of concurrent enrollment. If the minimum academic requirements are not met again, the scholarship is forfeited. There is no appeal process. The prior scholarship probation has acted as an appeal process for students to correct their academic performance
- Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (double, triple major) will likely run out of scholarship eligibility before college graduation. This scholarship program is designed to achieve only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility
- This scholarship is not available during summer semester
UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this scholarship program at any time. In the unlikely event this scholarship program would be discontinued, students currently receiving a Top 10% Incentive Scholarship would be funded through the remaining academic year.