Mildred P. Cotner Excellence Scholarship
- $2,500 per year or $1,250 per semester
Initial Award Criteria
- Recognition as a National Merit Semi-Finalist, National Achievement Semi-finalist, or National Hispanic Recognition Program finalist.
- Your unweighted high school GPA will be calculated from your official high school transcript. Submit your official high school transcript to the UNLV Admissions office by February 1 to qualify for entering freshman scholarships.
- You must submit official SAT or ACT scores to UNLV by February 1. Scores are considered official when submitted to UNLV directly from the College Board or ACT program, or when they appear on an official high school transcript. Unofficial test scores, including scores hand-delivered to the Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices, will not count toward consideration for scholarships.
- New freshmen students who have never attended college
- Must be admitted to UNLV by Feb. 1
- 3.5 unweighted high school GPA
- 1,180 SAT critical reading and math or 26 ACT
- Full time enrollment (12 credit hours or more)
- Automatic consideration until funds expire
- Cannot receive in conjunction with a President’s, Midby/Byron, Provost, UNLV Excellence or Rebel Achievement Scholarship
- Must maintain consecutive enrollment during fall and spring terms
- 12 or more credit hours each semester
- 2.75 cumulative GPA each semester
- Must be maintaining the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy
- Award is renewable up to a maximum of 8 semesters