How important is networking to obtaining a job? Where do I find job advertisements? What are some of the tradeoffs between seeking an academic job vs. a non-academic job? What are employers looking for in my application materials? What can I do to make myself as competitive as possible in the job search?
All these questions will be discussed during the GPSA Workshop: Applying to Academic & Non-Academic Jobs
- Dr. Peter Gray, associate professor, department of anthropology
- Dean Daniel Hamilton, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Dr. Takashi Yamashita, assistant professor, department of sociology
- Dr. Jonathan Goode, professor, department of music
- Swapan Sahoo, Ph.D. candidate, department of geoscience