Workshop: Applying to Academic & Non-Academic JobsWhen: Oct. 18, 2013, 10am - 11:30am
Campus Location: Student Union
Office/Remote Location: Green Room, Room 115
How important is networking to obtaining a job? Where do I find job advertisements? What are some of the tradeoffs between seeking an academic job vs. a non-academic job? What are employers looking for in my application materials? What can I do to make myself as competitive as possible in the job search?
All these questions will be discussed during the GPSA Workshop: Applying to Academic & Non-Academic Jobs
- Dr. Peter Gray, associate professor, department of anthropology
- Dean Daniel Hamilton, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Dr. Takashi Yamashita, assistant professor, department of sociology
- Dr. Jonathan Goode, professor, department of music
- Swapan Sahoo, Ph.D. candidate, department of geoscience
This workshop is free and open to students and faculty.
Registration is required. To register, log into your RebelMail account and complete the online application.
Name: Rebecca Boulton
Office: GPSA, LLB 2141
Event Sponsor: GPSA / Graduate College
- IRSD - Interdisciplinary Resea…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 12:15pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 3pm
- Board of Regents Meeting: Full…
- CAAP@UNLV Membership Meeting
Starts Apr. 22, 2014, 12pm
Ends Apr. 22, 2014, 1pm
- UNLV Lee Business School MBA P…
Starts Apr. 22, 2014, 5:30pm
Ends Apr. 22, 2014, 6:30pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.