Webinar: Which assessment instrument do I choose?When: Feb. 14, 2014, 9:30am - 10:30am
Office/Remote Location: Online
Choosing the appropriate assessment instrument to measure student learning outcomes can be challenging. Please join Dr. Dan Bubb, director of academic assessment, in collaboration with the Office of Online Education as we explore these challenges and propose some alternative solutions.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the traditional grading system.
- Differentiate between direct and indirect assessment instruments.
- Explain the characteristics of a grading rubric.
- Propose a potential culminating experience.
- Develop a basic embedded question.
- Identify several examples of alternative assessment methods.
This presentation meets online only. Please register as soon as possible in order to receive login information.
Name: Michael Wilder
Office: CDC Building 2, Room 226
Event Sponsor: The Office of Online Education
- Developing Security Policies /…
Starts Mar. 17, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 17, 2014, 5pm
- Casino Patrol Tactics and Frau…
Starts Mar. 18, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 18, 2014, 5pm
- Training: Being a Single Paren…
Starts Mar. 21, 2014, 10am
Ends Mar. 21, 2014, 11:30am
- Data Across the Disciplines
Starts Mar. 25, 2014, 9am
Ends Mar. 25, 2014, 11am
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.