Choosing the appropriate assessment instrument to measure student learning outcomes can be challenging. Please join Dr. Dan Bubb, director of academic assessment, in collaboration with the Office of Online Education as we explore these challenges and propose some alternative solutions.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the traditional grading system.
- Differentiate between direct and indirect assessment instruments.
- Explain the characteristics of a grading rubric.
- Propose a potential culminating experience.
- Develop a basic embedded question.
- Identify several examples of alternative assessment methods.