Water Law in the West: Panel Discussion with Pat MulroyWhen: Sep. 25, 2013, 4pm - 5:30pm
Campus Location: Thomas & Mack Moot Court
The age of abundance has ended. The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, which manages the Colorado River system, projects a significant imbalance between water demand and available supply during the next half-century. We who rely on this river face unprecedented challenges, but we face them with a level of cooperation and determination never seen before. While there is no single solution, there exist a mosaic of technical and policy options that will allow us to weather this storm. This panel discussion will focus on the challenges, obstacles and opportunities that will determine the fate of the Colorado River.
An esteemed panel of regional experts will explore the many facets of the water issue in the West:
- Patricia Mulroy, general manager, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Jeffrey Kightlinger, general manager, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Michele Straube, director, Wallace Stegner Center Environmental Dispute Resolution Program of the University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
A reception will immediately follow the presentation.
This event is free and open to the public.
To RSVP, visit the Boyd School of Law event registration webpage.
Name: Elaina Bhattacharyya
Office: Boyd School of Law
Event Sponsor: Co-sponsored by the William S. Boyd School of Law and the Saltman Center for Conflict Resolution
- Health Insurance Enrollment He…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 12pm
- HYPER Recovery Support Group M…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 11:45am
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 12:45pm
- Nutrition Workshop: Beauty & S…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 12pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 1pm
- GCUA College Colloquia Series
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 1pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 2pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.