University Libraries Preservation Week Open HouseWhen: Apr. 27, 2013, 2pm - 5pm
Campus Location: Lied Library
Office/Remote Location: Special Collections
UNLV Libraries and other institutions use "Preservation Week" (April 21-27) to connect our communities through events, activities, and resources that highlight what we can do, individually and together, to preserve our personal and shared collections.
This year's focus is on "Rare Book Collecting" and our experts' panel will share stories and experiences about working with rare books.
Rare Books Experts' Panel Discussion will be on What is National Preservation Week?
Introductions given by Michelle Light, director of Special Collections (tentative)
- "UNLV's Rare Book Collection in Special Collections" a talk by Peter Michel, head of exhibits, University Libraries
- "Introduction to Rare Books & the Rare Book Market" a talk by Rebecca Romney, manager, Baumann's Rare Books
- "Preservation Issues: Keeping Your Collection Safe" a talk by Michael Frazier, conservator, University Libraries
Following the talks there will be closing comments, a Q&A session and a guided tour of Special Collections and the facilities for attendees.
This event is free and open to the public.
Name: Michael Frazier
Office: UNLV Libraries Preservation Lab
Event Sponsor: UNLV Libraries Preservation Lab
Starts Mar. 09, 2014, 2pm
Ends Mar. 09, 2014, 4:30pm
- 2014 Rebel Awards
Starts Mar. 09, 2014, 12pm
Ends Mar. 09, 2014, 5pm
- MFA Thesis Exhibition: Abraham…
- Anthropology Colloquium: Dr. A…
Starts Mar. 10, 2014, 11:30am
Ends Mar. 10, 2014, 12:30pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.