The Office of Research Integrity is pleased to announce the schedule for the spring semester 2013 Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training (dates below). All faculty and graduate students are encouraged to attend this training. The UNLV RCR training is presented by experienced faculty members from various colleges on campus.
All trainees (undergraduate, graduate, and post-doc) working on federal grants from NSF and certain grants from NIH are required to complete RCR training.
There are four approved RCR courses at UNLV: the UNLV RCR training described in this posting, BIOL 701 (Ethics in Scientific Research), PSY 756 (Ethics, Professional Issues, and Diversity in Experimental Psychology), and EAB 704 (Research Integrity and Ethics).
Spring 2013 RCR Dates are:
Feb. 22, Student Union - Room 205
- 10 a.m. - General Ethical Responsibilities in Research
- 11 a.m. - Mentor/Trainee Responsibilities
March 1, Student Union - Room 205
- 10 a.m. - Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- 11a.m. - Research Misconduct
March 8, Student Union - Room 205
- 10 a.m. - Collaborative Research
- 11 a.m. - Publication Practices and Authorship
March 15, Student Union - Room 222
- 10 a.m. - Acquisition, Management, Sharing, and Ownership of Data
- 11 a.m. - Peer Review