RefWorks for Engineers and Write-N-CiteWhen: Mar. 7, 2014, 9am - 11:30am
Campus Location: Science and Engineering Building
Office/Remote Location: Room 1240
Sue Wainscott, the STEM librarian for UNLV, will present a hands-on workshop to engineering faculty and graduate students on how to use RefWorks to create bibliographies and reference lists.
This workshop will cover:
- What citation management tools, like RefWorks, can provide
- How to set up a RefWorks account
- How to add and organize information within a RefWorks account
- How to create a simple bibliography using RefWorks Advanced
- An overview of a RefWorks tool, Write-N-Cite
- How to download and install the correct Write-N-Cite
- How to add in-text citations to a manuscript using the Write-N-Cite tool
- How to create a custom bibliography for a manuscript using Write-N-Cite
Attendees are asked to register for RefWorks ahead of time and please bring a laptop to the workshop.
This is a free workshop open to all engineering faculty and graduate students, but an RSVP is required.
Please email Julie Longo or call 702-895-3721 to reserve your seat.
Attendance will be capped at 20 participants.
Name: Julie Longo
Event Sponsor: College of Engineering
- Predatory Journals vs. High Qu…
Starts Mar. 11, 2014, 4pm
Ends Mar. 11, 2014, 5pm
- Training: Getting Your Message…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 2pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 3:30pm
- E-Learning In Action
Starts Mar. 13, 2014, 12pm
Ends Mar. 13, 2014, 1pm
- Copyright Essentials for the G…
Starts Mar. 13, 2014, 4pm
Ends Mar. 13, 2014, 5pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.