Seminar attendees will gain knowledge and tools to develop effective gaming regulations and policies governing the licensing process. Attendees will gain understanding of the privileged nature of gaming licenses, who should bear the burden of demonstrating the applicant’s suitability for a gaming license, and essential components of the licensing process. Attendees will learn strategies to successfully complete the licensing process, and strategies to ensure suitable individuals and companies receive the privileged gaming license.
Topics of discussion will include:
- The privileged gaming license and the burden of suitability
- The legal foundation for regulation of the licensing process
- Preparing for the investigation and addressing potential concerns
- Required documents and information
- The importance of interviews and written communication
- Essential components of financial and background investigations
- Investigative trends: Computer forensic investigations
Who Should Attend:
This seminar is specifically designed for gaming regulatory leadership and their support staff. This includes board and commission members, executive level law enforcement officers, gaming executives, executive directors, regulatory compliance managers, and Native American tribal executives responsible for designing and implementing gaming laws, regulations, and policies.