The UNLV Office of Online Education will be hosting an Inside Higher Education webinar, MOOCs for the Rest of Us.
Massive open online courses (MOOCs) have become the talk of academe, with many colleges and universities debating whether they should start them or join one of the consortia offering the courses.
But what of colleges that don't plan to offer their own MOOCs? Are there ways they can use MOOCs or MOOC-like approaches to enhance their curriculum in ways that are consistent with their institutional missions?
Inside Higher Ed presents MOOCs for the Rest of Us, a webinar focusing on how colleges can consider these issues. Two experts from the National Institute for Technology in Liberal Education will lead a discussion of:
- How to determine the role of online education at institutions of differing missions and finances.
- Why MOOC ideas can be applied to offerings that are not massive or open.
- Examples of programs that apply MOOC-like approaches for liberal arts colleges, regional state universities or other kinds of institutions.
- How to set up new online collaborative programs with other institutions.
- How to engage faculty members in the planning and execution of these ideas.
The webinar will consist of a 30-minute PowerPoint presentation and a 30-minute question period.