MOOCs and the Completion Agenda: ACE WebinarWhen: May. 28, 2013, 10am - 11:30am
Office/Remote Location: Online
Throughout the higher education community, questions continue to swirl about massive open online courses (MOOCs). How are students benefiting by participating in MOOCs? In what ways are colleges and universities integrating MOOCs into their curricula? How can we effectively assess the quality of MOOC learning experiences?
On May 28, the American Council on Education (ACE) will to discuss these questions and examine the potential implications for broader postsecondary access and increased completion rates.
The webinar will feature:
- Daphne Koller — co-founder of Coursera, Inc., and professor, Stanford University, department of computer science
- Elizabeth Allan — associate professor of biology, University of Southern Oklahoma, and an ACE CREDIT® faculty reviewer
- Barbara Illowsky—professor of mathematics and statistics at De Anza College
- Michelle Pilati—professor of psychology, Rio Hondo College
- Cathy Sandeen—vice president for education attainment and innovation, ACE (moderator)
Panelists will explore the opportunities and challenges that come from incorporating MOOC learning experiences into college curricula. The webinar will also offer examples of MOOC integration currently taking place on college campuses.
To register for this free webinar visit the Ace website.
Office: Online Education
Event Sponsor: American Council on Education
- *Canceled - Anthropology Collo…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 11:30am
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 12:30pm
- Healthy Shopping on a Budget
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 12pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 1pm
- 5th Annual GCUA Graduate Resea…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 1pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 2:30pm
- Sports Nutrition Series
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 2pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 3pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.