MATLAB & Simulink SeminarWhen: Feb. 6, 2013, 9:30am - 11:30am
Campus Location: Rod Lee Bigelow Health Sciences
Office/Remote Location: Room 132
Please join Office of Information Technology for a complimentary MATLAB & Simulink seminar hosted by MathWorks.
Craig Borghesani, an application engineer with MathWorks, will be on campus to present the powers of MATLAB with Simulink. His event "How a Differential Equation Becomes a Robot" will showcase how the suite of MathWorks tools complement and enhance each other, and how when combining them together, can unleash the full potential of a complete development environment.
Highlights of the presentation include:
- Using the MuPad interface in the Symbolic Math Toolbox to create equations of motion
- Modeling complex electro-mechanical systems using Simulink and the physical modeling libraries
- Using MATLAB scripts to control and automate the simulation of dynamic models in Simulink
- Importing three-dimensional mechanisms directly from CAD packages using the SimMechanics translator
- Using the Control System Toolbox and the Optimization Toolbox directly on your Simulink model
- Creating virtual reality visualizations and interfacing with external devices using Simulink 3D Animation Prototyping and testing your real-time system directly in hardware with xPC Target
Seminar is free and open to students, faculty and staff.
Registration and sign-in begin at 9:15 a.m.
You may also pre-register for this event on the MathWorks website.
Name: Vanessa Nagata
Office: UNLV Office of Information Technology
Event Sponsor: UNLV Office of Information Technology
- 'From Their Point of View' Nat…
- WebCampus - BlackBoard Learn W…
Starts May. 23, 2013, 9am
Ends May. 23, 2013, 11am
- Course Tour:Online Ed in Black…
Starts May. 23, 2013, 1:30pm
Ends May. 23, 2013, 2:30pm
- MOOCs and the Completion Agen…
Starts May. 28, 2013, 10am
Ends May. 28, 2013, 11:30am
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.