Latino Voters and Politics of ImmigrationWhen: Oct. 4, 2012, 2pm - 4pm
Campus Location: Greenspun Hall
Office/Remote Location: Auditorium
In key swing states like Nevada and at the national level, Latino and new citizen voters are changing politics. While these voters care about the same issues as all Americans, they have a unique and personal connection to the immigration debate that often shapes their political views. Pollsters, political analysts and community leaders will discuss the politics of immigration and the Latino vote.
UNLV Political Science Professor David Damore will release new polling of Latino voters in Nevada, and a diverse panel of experts will analyze the findings and assess the way the presidential, senate and house candidates have handled the issue during their campaigns. The event will also be live-streamed.
For more information, email America's Voice
To watch the archived video of this event visit the America's Voice Ustream webpage.
For more information about Latino Decisions polling, visit the Latino Decisions website.
- Lynn Tramonte, deputy director, America’s Voice
- David Damore, associate professor of political science, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Andres Ramirez, president, Ramirez Group
- Leo Murrieta, Nevada state director, Mi Familia Vota
- Astrid Silva, founding member, DREAM Big Vegas
This event is free and open to the public.
To attend please RSVP via email to America's Voice.
Office: UNLV Media Relations
Event Sponsor: UNLV, America's Voice, and Latino Decisions
- Course Tour:Online Ed in Black…
Starts May. 23, 2013, 1:30pm
Ends May. 23, 2013, 2:30pm
- MOOCs and the Completion Agen…
Starts May. 28, 2013, 10am
Ends May. 28, 2013, 11:30am
- The MOOC Moment: Inside Higher…
Starts May. 30, 2013, 11am
Ends May. 30, 2013, 12pm
- Crisis Management for the Hosp…
Starts May. 30, 2013, 7:30am
Ends May. 30, 2013, 5:15pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.