Grant Writing WorkshopWhen: Oct. 17, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Campus Location: Lied Library
Office/Remote Location: Amargosa Room
UNLV presents "How to Find - And Win - Government Grants" presented by David G. Bauer Associates, Inc.
Get an insider's look at the government grants marketplace and learn how to locate federal, state, and block grants.
Participants will leave the seminar with:
- A knowledge of how funding decisions are made
- How to recognize a winning government proposal
- A strategy for dealing with block grants
- New federal programs methods for researching government grant opportunities
- Ways to develop more fundable ideas
- How to make pre-proposal contact with feds
- Ideas on how to use advocates to make grant seeking more efficient
Gain experience preparing a grant application with examples of:
- A composite application
- Knowledge of the grant processing time line
- A federal grant reviewing exercise
- A project planner to develop budgets and cash forecasts
- Techniques to improve proposals before submission
- Handouts and worksheets
Admission is free to attend this seminar.
Great opportunity for faculty, graduate students, and post-docs.
Registration deadline is Fri., Oct. 12. To register email Nicholle Booker or call 702-895-1288.
Refreshments will be provided.
Name: Nicholle Booker
Event Sponsor: Nevada INBRE
- Physics & Astronomy Colloquium…
Starts Mar. 14, 2014, 3:45pm
Ends Mar. 14, 2014, 4:45pm
- Developing Security Policies /…
Starts Mar. 17, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 17, 2014, 5pm
- Nevada Literacy Summit
Starts Mar. 18, 2014, 7:30am
Ends Mar. 18, 2014, 1pm
- Casino Patrol Tactics and Frau…
Starts Mar. 18, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 18, 2014, 5pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.