Grant Writing WorkshopWhen: Oct. 17, 2012, 8:30am - 4:30pm
Campus Location: Lied Library
Office/Remote Location: Amargosa Room
UNLV presents "How to Find - And Win - Government Grants" presented by David G. Bauer Associates, Inc.
Get an insider's look at the government grants marketplace and learn how to locate federal, state, and block grants.
Participants will leave the seminar with:
- A knowledge of how funding decisions are made
- How to recognize a winning government proposal
- A strategy for dealing with block grants
- New federal programs methods for researching government grant opportunities
- Ways to develop more fundable ideas
- How to make pre-proposal contact with feds
- Ideas on how to use advocates to make grant seeking more efficient
Gain experience preparing a grant application with examples of:
- A composite application
- Knowledge of the grant processing time line
- A federal grant reviewing exercise
- A project planner to develop budgets and cash forecasts
- Techniques to improve proposals before submission
- Handouts and worksheets
Admission is free to attend this seminar.
Great opportunity for faculty, graduate students, and post-docs.
Registration deadline is Fri., Oct. 12. To register email Nicholle Booker or call 702-895-1288.
Refreshments will be provided.
Name: Nicholle Booker
Event Sponsor: Nevada INBRE
- Life Sciences Seminar: Nina Sa…
Starts Apr. 18, 2014, 1pm
Ends Apr. 18, 2014, 2pm
- Department of Geoscience 9th A…
Starts Apr. 18, 2014, 8:45am
Ends Apr. 18, 2014, 5:30pm
- Learn to Swim
- Anthropology Colloquium: Dr. D…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 11:30am
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 12:30pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.