The Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA) and the Graduate College will be hosting a Graduate Student Workshop titled, "Preparing for Graduate Student Success & Applying to Academic Jobs."
Faculty panelists will share their tips and advice:
- Dr. Kate Korgan, senior associate dean, Graduate College; and associate professor of sociology
- Dr. Liam Frink, academic affairs fellow, associate professor of anthropology
- Dr. Peter Gray, associate professor of anthropology
- Dr. David Holland, associate professor of history
- Dr. Javier Rodriguez, associate dean, College of Sciences and associate professor of life sciences
Topics of discussion:
- Expectations of graduate school: expectations of yourself, your department and your graduate committee chair
- Critical elements of graduate training and / support for an academic faculty career: research, teaching and service
- The academic interview – how to prepare
- The academic job offer – items of consideration
- Transitioning into a professional position
Plenty of time will be given for Q & A. For more workshop information visit the Graduate & Professional Student Association website.