The Diversity Leadership forum brings together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada.
The event will begin with remarks from Luis Valera, UNLV Vice President for Diversity Initiatives and Government Relations, and Dr. Alicia Rico, Associate Professor of Spanish and UNLV Latina/o Faculty Alliance chair.
- Ms. Elena Espinoza, Ombudsman for Minority Health, Nevada Office of Consumer Health Assistance
- Dr. Rogelio Machuca, Rogelio Machuca Family Medicine
- Nora Luna, Hispanic/Latino Program Manager, Nathan Adelson Hospice
- Dr. Paulo Pinheiro, Assistant Professor, UNLV School of Public Health (moderator)
- Christina Fuentes, Ombudsman of Consumer Affairs for Minorities, Department of Business & Industry
- 6:30 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Welcome Reception
- 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. – Panel Discussion
- 8 p.m. – 8:30 p.m – Q&A from the audience