Please join the Office of Diversity Initiatives as they mark Women’s History Month with a forum discussion moderated by former Congresswoman Dina Titus. The discussion will be on how the U.S. recession affected women of Southern Nevada. Panelists will focus on education, healthcare, and job employment challenges.
The Diversity Leadership Forum brings together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada. The event will begin with remarks from Luis Valera, interim vice president for diversity initiatives.
6 - 7 p.m. – welcome reception
7 - 8 p.m. – panel discussion
8 – 9 p.m. – Q&A from the audience
- Former Nevada Congresswoman Dina Titus, moderator
- Ramona Denby Brinson, associate professor, UNLV School of Social Work; senior resident scholar, The Lincy Institute
- Dr. Robi Burns, obstetrician-gynecologist, co-owner of A Woman’s Place
- Edith Fernandez, director, College of Southern Nevada student success initiatives
- Joanne Goodwin, associate professor, UNLV department of history; director, Women’s Research Institute of Nevada at UNLV
- Inga Hickman, owner, Sisters Helping Sisters
- Shannon Monnat, assistant professor, UNLV department of sociology