Please join the office of diversity initiatives as they mark Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month with a forum discussion by moderator Marie Mortera, KSNV News 3 anchor. The discussion will be on how the U.S. recession affected the Asian community. Panelists will focus on education, healthcare, and job employment challenges.
The diversity leadership forum brings together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada. The event will begin with remarks from Luis Valera, interim vice president for diversity initiatives.
6:30 - 7 p.m. – welcome reception
7 - 8 p.m. – panel discussion
8 – 9 p.m. – Q&A from the audience
- Marie Mortera, moderator, KSNV News 3 Anchor
- Kathleen Blakely, Honorary Consul General for Japan
- Sue Fawn Chung, professor, UNLV Department of History
- Rozita Lee, Commissioner, U.S. President’s Commission on Asian American & Pacific Islanders
- Gerri Schroder, Councilwoman, City of Henderson
- Swadeep Nigam, Commissioner, Nevada Equal Rights Commission