Diversity Leadership: Disconnect School-to-Prison PipelineWhen: Feb. 7, 2014, 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Campus Location: Greenspun Hall
Office/Remote Location: Auditorium
Please join the Office of Diversity Initiatives as it marks Black History Month with a forum discussion moderated by Mr. Ricki Barlow, Las Vegas City Councilman.
The forum topic is "Disconnecting the School-to-Prison Pipeline"
The Diversity Leadership forum brings for together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada.
Panelist will include:
- Dr. Ramona Denby Brinson, professor, UNLV Lincy Institute
- Lt. Jeff Green, community policing coordinator, UNLV Police Services
- Dr. Michael Maxwell, vice president, Las Vegas Urban League
- Mr. Tarryn McGhie, UNLV doctoral student & instructor, Department of Teaching and Learning
- 2:30-4 p.m. - Panel discussion, Q&A from the audience
- 4-4:30 p.m. - Refreshments
This event is free and open to the public.
Office: Office of Diversity Initiatives
- HYPER Recovery Support Group M…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 11:45am
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 12:45pm
- Nutrition Workshop: Beauty & S…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 12pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 1pm
- GCUA College Colloquia Series
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 1pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 2pm
- Rebel Roundtable Forum: Spring…
Starts Mar. 12, 2014, 12:30pm
Ends Mar. 12, 2014, 2:30pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.