Please join the Office of Diversity Initiatives as it marks Black History Month with a forum discussion moderated by Mr. Ricki Barlow, Las Vegas City Councilman.
The forum topic is "Disconnecting the School-to-Prison Pipeline"
The Diversity Leadership forum brings for together community and campus leaders to offer perspectives on key social and economic issues impacting various communities in Southern Nevada.
Panelist will include:
- Dr. Ramona Denby Brinson, professor, UNLV Lincy Institute
- Lt. Jeff Green, community policing coordinator, UNLV Police Services
- Dr. Michael Maxwell, vice president, Las Vegas Urban League
- Mr. Tarryn McGhie, UNLV doctoral student & instructor, Department of Teaching and Learning
- 2:30-4 p.m. - Panel discussion, Q&A from the audience
- 4-4:30 p.m. - Refreshments