Learn more about the data and statistical sources available to researchers at UNLV Libraries!
A workshop showcasing the data and statistical sources at UNLV Libraries, beginning with an overview of data & statistical sources. Then, attendees can select one of the following breakout sessions:
- Business: Training includes hands-on times with resources such as Passport Global Market Information Database, which includes market research reports with demographic and statistical information on consumer lifestyles, consumer products, countries, companies and industries.
- STEM: Training on OpenGeoSci, a free, public map based interface that allows users to search for maps, cross sections, charts, tables, figures, and data from GeoScienceWorld publications.
- Health Sciences: Training on CultureGrams, which includes health data and statistics by country.
- Social Sciences: Training on American FactFinder will i include hands-on time finding statistics on populations, income, demographics by state, city, and zip code.
All UNLV faculty & graduate students are invited.
All breakout sessions are available in the morning and the afternoon. You are welcome to attend more than one.
- Morning Session 9-11 a.m.
- Afternoon Session 2-4 p.m.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Please RSVP by March 20 to let us know which session(s) you would like to attend.