Crisis Management for the Hospitality Industry SummitWhen: May. 30, 2013, 7:30am - 5:15pm
Campus Location: Stan Fulton Building - International Gaming Institute
Experience the Unthinkable
It can happen in an instant – a fire, a flood, an act of terrorism. We prepare, we write plans, we train employees, but what happens at the decision-making level when a crisis occurs?
Join us for an opportunity to experience first-hand the problem-solving activities of an unfolding simulated disaster, based on recent actual events. Attendees will be lead through a choreographed disaster experience by emergency preparedness trainers.
In addition to time for networking, the morning sessions feature a number of speakers.
- Chris Smith, chief of the Nevada Division of Emergency Management—Homeland Security
- Dr. Peter Tarlow, emergency management consultant and Founder of Tourism and More
- James Stover, account manager, MassMedia
- Ric Newell, safety compliance and training manager, New York-New York Hotel & Casino
- Captain Al Salinas, Las Vegas Metro Police and director, Southern Nevada Counter-Terrorism Center
For additional information visit the Caesars Hospitality Research Center webpage.
Registration is $100; visit the Crisis Management for the Hospitality Industry Summit registration webpage to reserve your spot and pay. Also, .6 CEUs are available for attendees with the $35 additional fee payable through the registration webpage.
Who Should Attend
The goal of this conference is to start the dialog – within organizations, and between the responsible players in a crisis situation.
- CEOs, managers, and owners of hospitality companies
- Security and facilities personnel
- Human resources personnel
- Meeting, event and conference planners
- Public relations professionals
- Crisis management consultants
- Related service/product providers
- Researchers studying the topic of crisis management
- Regulatory and government officials
- Representatives from aid organizations
- First responders
Name: Gael Hancock
Office: BEH 343
Event Sponsor: Caesars Hospitality Research Center; William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration
- Learn to Swim
- *Canceled - Anthropology Collo…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 11:30am
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 12:30pm
- Healthy Shopping on a Budget
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 12pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 1pm
- 5th Annual GCUA Graduate Resea…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 1pm
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 2:30pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.